Applications are invited for the post of part time administrator 12 hours per week to commence the 1st September.
|Part time (1.5 days per week) To be reviewed after 3 months.|
|Salary£13,923 pa pro rata||Responsible toExecutive Manager|
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th August 2014
Interviews will take place in the latter part of August.
Information for candidates
Before completing the application form carefully read through the Job Description and Person Specification. Bear in mind the requirements of the job and use the form to explain how you satisfy the various criteria. You should not enclose a CV as this will not be considered by the interviewing panel, but you may include additional sheets where there is insufficient room on the application form.
Please send your completed application form by email to:
This post involves working with vulnerable adults and requires an enhanced DBS check. You may also be subject to further vetting. References are required that are satisfactory to us and will be considered prior to confirming appointment.
Main Purpose of Job:
To be the administrator based in Stockton on Tees for the Justice First project in partnership with the Newcastle Law Centre: The North East Refugee Law Project. You will be working alongside Justice First’s main Administrator.
To be a helpful and approachable first point of contact for clients approaching Justice First.
To play a key role in providing a client focussed advice service.
Duties and Responsibilities
General administrative responsibility
- Deal with reception duties including telephone calls, visitors and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Handling referrals and signposting where appropriate, including keeping up to date records of other service providers.
- Data entry, maintenance and retrieval of computerised information for cases, to include opening and closing case files.
- Provide administrative support for all surgeries and workshops.
- Assist other staff when required.
- Work alongside volunteers offering support and guidance where required.
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Assist with day to day petty cash transactions when required.
- Support preparation for any external events or training, including room booking and set up, compiling materials, dealing with bookings.
- Contribute to Quality Assurance procedures and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- To provide excellent customer service at all times, to staff and clients.
- To attend team meetings and undertake tasks allocated at such meetings.
- To have regard at all times to the planning and execution of duties outlined in Justice First’s policies and procedures.
- To attend regular supervision meetings with the Executive Manager to discuss job performance and personal career development and to prepare suitably for these meetings.
- In addition to the tasks and duties listed in the job description, to undertake such duties as may be identified from time to time and which are generally compatible with the functions for the post.
NOTE: The above duties are not an exhaustive list. In consultation with the appointee, it is liable to variations made by the management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working as administrator in a busy office environment.
- Experienced in both face to face and telephone customer service delivery.
- Experience in working with vulnerable and/or challenging client groups.
- Experience in working in a team of staff and volunteers.
- Good organisational skills and ability to undertake administrative tasks.
- IT skills including typing and use of MS Office and Excel.
- Commitment to delivering a high standard of customer service
- Commitment to Justice First’s policies and procedures and an ability to be accountable to the manager,
- Ability to work within the policies and guidelines as decided by the Management Committee, and the ability to promote and defend the aims, interests and policies of Justice First within other organisations and the community.
- Ability to be flexible concerning working conditions and to help to meet deadlines if required.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience of working with Justice First.
- Experience of financial administration.
- Experience of working in a legal practice.
- Experience of working in a not for profit environment.
- Experience of audio typing.
Conditions of Employment
|1. Location||The post is based at Justice First offices in Stockton but very occasional travel to Newcastle Law Centre may be required (travel costs will be reimbursed).|
|2. Hours||The post begins early in September 2014 is funded for 12 hours per week initially to be reviewed after the first three months. Funding is in place until 31 March 2016.|
|3. Maternity / Paternity||Details of maternity/paternity leave and other family friendly policies are available on request.|
|4. Sick Pay||Details of sick pay arrangements are available on request.|
|5. Expenses||Travel expenses are paid for necessary work-related journeys.|
|6. Notice||Statutory notice periods apply.|